Street Rita Perez de Moreno #3
Located opposite the Plaza de Armas, Spanish baroque style, built on two floors with a central courtyard, a half-point archery and Doric capital in pink quarry and rajuelada purple with cornices and polished frames. The ceilings are made of wood and brick, the upper ones are Catalan vaults. In the center a niche flanked by two salomònicas columns topped by composite capitals and a sculpture of a saint. SOME OF HISTORY: It is one of the oldest houses, dates from 1762 its original facade and size has been modified and reduced over the centuries. Call Customs House, Post Office and today House of Culture. Upon the death of its initial owner and constructor Cap. Dn Francisco Martìn del Campo, inherits her grandson who orders her recosntruir to be sold to the Major Chaplain of the Sanctuary in about 1760. Already being the property of the clergy, it sells a fraction to the City Council of Dn. Benigno Romo Jimènez, who built the Municipal House or Constitutional House. In 1861 the new pariah was built, the building was known as Casa de la Aduana or Casa del Obispo, as it was used to collect taxes or alcabalas from the inhabitants of San Juan. In 1865 it was divided and sold to individuals and it was until 1935 by presidential decree that the property was designated for functions of federal offices, especially of SH and CP and SCT. In 1990, in the City Council of Dr. Juan Ruiz Garcìa, he transferred these offices to the Municipal Presidency and installed the Idolina Gaona de Cosìo House of Culture in its place. Currently it is called Marìa Izquierdo, in honor of the illustrious Sanjuanense painter.